Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Fling Vendor Blender

I recently just did my first craft show for my hats: The Spring Fling Vendor Blender. I felt that it was a success. Monetary success....no. I didn't want to make a bunch of hats to sell for 2 reasons: 1. I prefer custom orders so that you can choose your own colors and other details and 2. I didn't want to spend all that time crocheting things that may not sell. I did get one official order and payment which was great. It was for an angry birds hat and I think it turned out well. What do you think? 

I love doing the fun ones like this. So although I wasn't overflowing with orders I handed out plenty of my business cards and met a couple more photographers. There are photographers on every corner it seems like. WHO KNEW????

I'm still working on some projects for a photographer right now and am excited to post the finished pictures once I am done. After making the "Boobie Beanie" I thought it would be a great idea to contact the La Leche League. I'm waiting to hear back from them - but HELLO they are the biggest BOOBIE pushers out there!! 

So what's next?? Global Domination!! But first, I am thinking I would like to start making up my own patterns and doing a weekly "pattern post". If any of you are interested in crocheting this would be a great way to get some free patterns. It's such a bummer when you see a cool pattern but you have to pay for it!!

Hopefully you guys like the idea and will all become dedicated crocheters - I will need some sweat shop workers!!! And you will be just perfect for the position. So get crackin'!!!

Please comment below and give me some ideas on some patterns I should post!!!


2 comments:

  1. I loved your hat!!! Can you give me some tips for make one of that??? Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQGuTAa5cDo&feature=plcp&context=C4fac8f4VDvjVQa1PpcFP4Ey5EtnJsOdGx3sTLx1v8aKje0x-X4RI%3D

    Monika - try this.

    ReplyDelete